Dodger snaps

The sailor's version of gathering around the water cooler. Talk about anything your heart desires on this forum.

Moderator: KenKrawford

jtptdallas

Dodger snaps

Post by jtptdallas »

Does anybody know if the metal posts in the fiberglass on which the Dodger snaps fit are after market or Caralina or who makes them? Our 2007 350 came with a full Dodger in addition to the Bimini. But several of these posts for the snaps have either pulled out or the heads have snapped off. Any experience with replacing these?
Thanks,
Jeff Thurston
RAISE ME UP #417
Lake Texoma
R.B.

Re: Dodger snaps

Post by R.B. »

You can take a look at http://search.sailrite.com/category/fas ... -fasteners or any online boat canvas retailer should have what you are looking for. If you have the "Lift dot" fasteners as I do, the post is just screwed into the fiberglass.

If the posts have ripped out, drill a larger hole where the existing hole was, fill with epoxy, once it has cured, drill the appropriate sized hole for the post and screw it back in. This will also help with preventing water penetration into the cored deck.
Ralph

WOLFHELM
C350 #342
wcconway

Post by wcconway »

One of our lift dot "posts" came out and our local canvas shop gave me a couple of new ones that were a little longer than the original. We replaced it with the longer one over a year ago with no issues to date (knock on wood).
Wally & Coco Conway
, #467
Pensacola, Florida
jtptdallas

Post by jtptdallas »

Thanks Wally and Ralph! I'm making dodger snap repairs with your advice in mind!!