Travelling Australia to Florida

A way to solicit members in your area for various events.

Moderator: KenKrawford

D&M

Travelling Australia to Florida

Post by D&M »

What?
Yes my wife and I are flying into Sarasota on 24 February to link up with some (non-sailing) friends. We are in Sarasota for a few days then driving over to FT Lauderdale for a Princess cruise through the Caribbean - yeah I know. Now to my question, I would like to take the opportunity to pick up some Simnet to NMEA 2000 cables during my travels. (Also doing some time in LA on the way back). Where can I pop into and pick up some cables?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,

David
Sea Lanes #281
Cairns, Australi
a
nybor

Re: Travelling Australia to Florida

Post by nybor »

First off, a CRUISE on a NON-sailing vessel? You traitor!

West Marine in Sarasota. I hate them since they are so expensive, but usually have a lot of cables. Go online first to make sure, but likely they do.

dave

ps You know your 350 will SMELL your treasonous trip when you return to her. Just saying
nybor

Post by nybor »

Wait. forget West Marine. Have you looked at Amazon? I saw the cable there.

https://www.amazon.com/Simrad-Product-N ... 527&sr=8-6
D&M

Post by D&M »

Apologies for sullying the reputation of the forum by travelling by cruise ship. Thanks for the replies. Trying do avoid Amazon as the shipping costs are prohibitive and I have plenty of luggage allowance. :D :D
Regards,

David
Sea Lanes #281
Cairns, Australi
a
nybor

Post by nybor »

If this is what you want, let me know and I will buy it (them) and send it (them) to you.

dave
D&M

Post by D&M »

Many thanks for the offer. Got what I needed at Westmarine Sarasota. Great stores but as everyone comments - not cheap. Off on the cruise tomorrow. Look forward to seeing some Catalinas sailing or in and around the Caribbean Islands.
Regards,

David
Sea Lanes #281
Cairns, Australi
a