helm microswitch

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's electrical systems or electronics here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Post Reply
nybor
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:55 am

helm microswitch

Post by nybor »

Am I the only person that thinks of my lovely boat as a "whack-a-mole" vessel? EVERY TIME I fix something, a new something pops up. So.....
my 50 amp (sorry it might be a 60) died and I ordered a new one from Catalina Direct. They sent me a 100 amp saying it was much better (less load on the engine..). Anyway, installed it and it seemed ok for awhile. However, yesterday, I started the engine, ran it up to 1400 rpm and all of a sudden all the gauges died. Shut it off, and pushed the little reset button and started it again. The same thing happened.

I looked at the Universal manual (parts one) and didn't see it listed unless it was a "switch". I assumed (assume?) the button was a circuit breaker that overloaded (maybe age or the higher output of the alt. But I can't find a number or nameplate on it if that is the culprit.

Anyone have an idea on what it is, where can I buy it?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS FORUM

dave bloomquist
Post Reply