Florida Catalina 350 Roundup

The sailor's version of gathering around the water cooler. Talk about anything your heart desires on this forum.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Triumph

Florida Catalina 350 Roundup

Post by Triumph »

See the info at the bottom of the board index under "C350 Fleet 2 Announcements".

lastest post there ...

Catalina 350 Roundup? (I still can't spell rendezvous)

I'm thinking we could put together a few interesting discussion/presentations on modification, maintenance, etc., and maybe a session with a Catalina Factory person there too. Then some of us could do entertaining presentations of where we've cruised. We'd do some Bar-B-Q-ing, drinking, and carrying on over the weekend. Maybe gentleman's soft race (1 hour- or about 4 miles) on Saturday afternoon.

Dockage and all would be free, but there would be a fee to cover beer, food, etc. You could come earlier, or stay later. The Tampa Sailing Squadron is in Apollo Beach, Fl.

More details to foller .... let me know if you will be there.

Bill Cullen on TRIUMPH

cullensailor at g mail
TBOT422

Re: Florida Catalina 350 Roundup

Post by TBOT422 »

Hi Bill,

We'd really like to make it, but early Oct is a busy time for us. There's the Dunedin Cup Regatta the weekend of Sept 27, a golf tournament that I've already paid for on Oct. 5-6, and Clearwater Jazz Festival Oct. 16-19. The weekend of Oct 24-26 or 10-12 would work better for us. If we can't fit in the time to sail over and back, we'll plan to come by 'land cruiser'.

Here's a direct link to the Fleet 2 page: http://www.catalina350.net/phpBB3/viewt ... f=20&t=886

Looking forward to the 'Roundup'.
Gary & Janet
The Best of Times (Hull #422)
dochip

Post by dochip »

My wife Dorrie and I would like to participate.
Let us know how we may help.
Triumph

Post by Triumph »

See the latest update under FLEET #2 below. New date is Oct 10th-12th.

Bill on TRIUMPH
S/V Serendipity

Post by S/V Serendipity »

Hello Bart and Trish here making our first post. We just purchased Hull #122 and moved her to Daytona and are in the process of renaming her Serendipity. We are looking forward to attending the roundup and learning from other Catalina 350 owners as well as sharing experiences. We will see all in October.
Bart, Trish, Sailor and Gizmo
S/V Serendipity
Daytona Beach, Fl.
wcconway

Post by wcconway »

Congrats and welcome! See you in Tampa.
Wally & Coco Conway
, #467
Pensacola, Florida
Aussie Mate

Post by Aussie Mate »

Welcome Seredipity from Aussie Mate, hull #357. By chance we are bring C350, Forr Fun to Punta Gorda and will be in Halifax Harbor Marine this Thursday night. Want to catch up before Tampa? Is Halifax an OK overnight stop?

Bruce Whyte
Aussie Mate

Hey Wally et al, see y'all soon.
Bruce Whyte
s/v Aussie Mate
C350 #357
oceanray

Post by oceanray »

Aussie Mate...as you are passing through the area...there's an event this weekend just west of marker 21. There will be at least two 350s anchored in the group.
Keith
My Sweet Anne VI #42
S/V Serendipity

Hello AussieMate,
We would love to meet and visit, but unforunately we are out of town till the weekend assisting a friend in the Fl Keys. {I know it is rough}. We will look forward to meeting you and all the other 350 owners in Tampa. Halifax Marina is a good stop. Clean and with after hour secutity, The liveaboards we have met have been friendly and helpful. There is a downtown area to the north within walking distance with some local resteraunts.

Bart and Trish
S/V Serendipity Hull#122
S/V Serendipity
Daytona Beach, Fl.
S/V Serendipity

Thank you Arkeoo. Looking forward to meeting everyone :D
S/V Serendipity
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Aussie Mate

Post by Aussie Mate »

Thank you for the navigation but we are flying through eastern Florida. Left Brunswick, GA on Tuesday morning, Fernandina Beach that night, St Augustine the next night and tonight in Cocoa Beach, maybe watch the liftoff as a bonus. Planning on starting on the OKeechobee on day and completing the journey in Punta Gorda Thursday, if the weather is kind. Had a blast motor sailing at nearly 8K today.

See y'all in a few weeks.
Bruce Whyte
s/v Aussie Mate
C350 #357