Short video of C350

The sailor's version of gathering around the water cooler. Talk about anything your heart desires on this forum.

Moderator: KenKrawford

EvenKeel

Short video of C350

Post by EvenKeel »

Last Friday, after I finished the contortions required to install a washdown pump, I went for a quick solo sail across the Chesapeake Bay. It was one of those perfect weekdays with no Cigarette boats out and southerly winds of 18-22 kts, allowing a beam reach in both directions. On the return run, as the wind picked up, I rolled up the main completely and took up a few wraps on the genoa and was still maintaining around 7 kts. I took some video footage from various angles and edited them together to make a desktop movie that might keep me inspired during the work week. This was my first attempt at video editing, and I couldn't filter out the wind noise from the cheezy microphone, but it was fun anyway. Decided to upload it to YouTube where the video quality sucks, but the original is way to big to post as is.

Here's the link. Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3-IWF3HyaI

Gary
Even Keel II #288
R.B.

Re: Short video of C350

Post by R.B. »

Nicely done! Sure makes me wish I was on my boat rather than in the office.
Ralph

WOLFHELM
C350 #342
Hans Grasman

Post by Hans Grasman »

Very nice. Reminds me of fall and winter on Charlotte Harbor and The Gulf. Just about finished putting my boat to bed for the summer.
Curious that the Utube page was in the Dutch language. Said you "lidmaat schap"
Are you Dutch? BTW that is not a language it is more a speech impediment. I know I was born with it. :)
Hans Grasman

Post by Hans Grasman »

Solved the Dutch thing. One of our relatives visiting from Holland changed You Tube to Dutch language. Those damned Dutch. :(
Whitehook

Post by Whitehook »

Great to see a sailing video from the perspective of ones "own" boat. Thanks for sharing that with us all.

Greg Klocek
Whitehook #199