adding an arch

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

jmcbraye@hotmail.com

adding an arch

Post by jmcbraye@hotmail.com »

Ahoy -

Has anyone out there added an arch to the back of their C350? I am considering doing that instead of separate davits, solar panel mounts, and pole for outboard hoist and possible wind generator. I think it may be more functional, efficient, aesthetic to mount these accessories all on a stainless or aluminum arch. Any advice and pros or cons would be most welcome. Thanks!

Jim on s/v Escape
c350 Hull #40
AynB

Re: adding an arch

Post by AynB »

Jim, we got three quotes for three very different styles of arch and ended up not doing it.
Quotes ranged from a bit over $3000 for a simple one 2" diam. bar , to over $5000 for a paired 2" tubular system including ladder, swingout for outboard and attachment plates for solar.
We just figured that $5000 would buy a lot of gas for the generator for the type of sailing, anchoring we do.
Al
TBOT422

Re: adding an arch

Post by TBOT422 »

You might try this link http://www.catalina350.net/phpBB3/viewt ... nels#p1776

Note particularly about the third or fourth reply from Ken Krawford with link's to some pictures.

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but I'm sure Bill on Triumph would send you more pictures if you sent him a private message.

Good Luck.
Gary & Janet
The Best of Times (Hull #422)