cockpit enclosures

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Patti

cockpit enclosures

Post by Patti »

Has anyone enclosed their cockpit with screens, screens and "glass" or just "glass". I would like some ideas on how to deal with the stern rail seats, and dingy motor mount areas. THANKS!
Patti Zur #415
Patti #415
chesworth

Re: cockpit enclosures

Post by chesworth »

Patti,
I have the same issue coming up this spring when I intend installing an enclosure, flyscreen and clear plastic. I will probably have Genco in Toronto do the job. Attached is a link to their website with many pictures.
http://www.gencomarine.com/canvas/photo ... rrLetter=C

Cheers
Alan
R.B.

Post by R.B. »

We had Nat from Genco come out to do our bimini and dodger. We are very pleased with his work. We do not have a full enclosure though.
Ralph

WOLFHELM
C350 #342
Ray Edwards

Post by Ray Edwards »

If you want a great addition to your canvas for those days you want shade but also an air flow, I had my guy make a full screen connector from the dodger to binimi using the canvas connector as the pattern but using only enough canvas to attach the zippers.
It's a quick change should the weather cause an issue.
I'll try to post a picture when I get back to the boat later this month or early April.

Ray Edwards
C350 --#293
"Maria"
Triumph

Post by Triumph »

I added what we call "wings" to our dodger. These run from the trailing edge of the dodger along the infill at the top between the dodger and Bimini. That is, straight down from the front edge of the bimini, and over to the dodger. They attach to the dodger, and zipper to the infill section along the top edge. They are attached along the bottom to the outside of the cockpit coaming.
These keep us warn, provide shade, and stop rain. If the wind is blowing from forward of the beam, these keep the helmsman dry and warm too. For $200, I consider this one of the best thinks I've added to the boat. Makes those cooler and rainy days so much better.