Cost to replace dodger, bimini snd filler

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

SeaBreeze

Cost to replace dodger, bimini snd filler

Post by SeaBreeze »

Has anyone within the past few years replaced or received quotations to replace their dodger, bimini and filler? It you would be willing to share prices I would like to do some comparisons.
Thank you
Rick
Sea Breeze
Tampa Bay
Rick Parish
Sea Breeze
nybor

Re: Cost to replace dodger, bimini snd filler

Post by nybor »

Just had my bimini replaced. $1450. But it was a good job and after installing it there were minor wrinkles, so they came by took it back and fixed it. The company is in Port Charlotte if that is what price you think is good.
Flagmanmike

Post by Flagmanmike »

I'm having my dodger, filler and bimini replaced for about $2200. I've had quotes from $2200 to $5000. The higher quote included all kinds of extras I was not willing to pay for. Hope this helps

Mike Cronin
FlagShip #314
TBOT422

Post by TBOT422 »

We are in the process of replacing our Bimini, and dodger. No filler as Bimini is one-piece roughly 9' x 10'. Quote was $3,000. That may increase as we added a full lined cover for the dodger. We are in the Tampa Bay area, so when completed in the next week or so, you could send me a PM and you are welcome to take a look at the completed project.
Gary & Janet
The Best of Times (Hull #422)
belladonna

Post by belladonna »

Just had my bimini replaced for $929 and it included a clear view panel and zippers on the top for mounting 2 flexible solar panels. This price also included attaching zippers to the panels. Top notch work in Deltaville VA
Jim
Jim Lassiter
2005 Catalina 350 "BELLA DONNA" # 368
White Stone, VA (lower Chesapeake Bay)
belladonna

Post by belladonna »

Sorry for my error, I must have had too many Bloody Mary's this morning!! The cost for my bimini was $1,769, not the $929 I wrote in my earlier email.
Jim Lassiter
Aussie Mate

Post by Aussie Mate »

We replaced our canvas on the dodger, connector and bimini. We also added some clear windows and the existing side panels were also worked into the new canvas. Total cost about $7,000. A superb job, we cannot complain. That was by Inner Harbor, Oriental, NC.
Bruce Whyte
s/v Aussie Mate
C350 #357
Social Distancing

Post by Social Distancing »

belladonna wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:19 pm Just had my bimini replaced for $929 and it included a clear view panel and zippers on the top for mounting 2 flexible solar panels. This price also included attaching zippers to the panels. Top notch work in Deltaville VA
Jim
Who did the work for you? I am in the DC area and want to get my cockpit enclosed.
Chris
S/V Social Distancing (#384)
belladonna

Post by belladonna »

Sorry to be so late in replying but I did not see your question. Actually the cost of the new bimini was $1,750 but that included sewing 2 sets of zippers to the top for 2 flex solar panels and stitching zippers to the panels themselves. If still interested, I use the Ship's Tailor in Deltaville for all of my canvas needs. Thanx, Jim
Jim Lassiter