Mast Height Question

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's sails and rigging and here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

IvanaU

Mast Height Question

Post by IvanaU »

Mast Height Question. I have owned hull number 7 since new. I am bringing the boat to my home in Atlantic City from Baltimore for the first time since new. I understand the Cape May Canel Bridge is 55 feet and my mast should be 52 feet. Has anyone else made this trip under the bridge. I plan on trying to do this at slack or dead low tide. Can I trust the numbers for my boat at 52 feet. I ordered the boat with furling mast and assume my mast is the standard height. I will be making this trip in April 09.
yodagwb

Re: Mast Height Question

Post by yodagwb »

The Cape May bridge is not a problem, well a spring high may be a tad close for comfort. As long as your 1/2 tide or < you should be OK, but it is a bit nerve racking the first time. Talked to a guy with a 350 who banged his anntena going thru.
IvanaU

Re: Mast Height Question

Post by IvanaU »

I went through at dead low tide on April 25,2009. The biggest problem was the thin water and finding deeper water mostly on the left side of the canal as entered from the Delaware Bay side. I guess I could have gone through earlier and had better water but running aground seemed better than hitting the bridges. Thank you for your info though, about being OK at half tide and less. Right now I am now my slip at Gardner's Basin in Atlantic City. It is nice to have the boat home for the very first time. Ivana