Mast Step

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's sails and rigging and here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Tim OSullivan

Mast Step

Post by Tim OSullivan »

I am looking for some expertise/pictures or drawings of the mast step. My dealer forgot to install my wind machine. So rather than unstepping the mast, I mounted the transducer and tried to feed the transducer wire throught the mast with a pull string. I can reach the deck but cannot pull it through the compression post area. Anybody know if their is some sort of wire compression fitting on the step? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tim
Timothy J O"Sullivan
Seaquel
hull # 322
R.B.

Wire through the compression post

Post by R.B. »

Hi Tim,

Since you have the wire on the deck. You should be able to send an electricians tape up the compression post. My dealer left a rope so I could feed wires through but if you don't have this, the tape will work. You have to go through the floor under the sink in the head. On the mast step is a raised collar so that water intrusion from the mast is limited. Push the tpae up the mast until you see it. Now you just need to attach your cable to the tape through an opening in the mast.

Hope this helps,
Ralph

WOLFHELM
C350 #342