Exploding Galley hose and faucet AKA new shower in galley

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's plumbing here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

tranquil

Exploding Galley hose and faucet AKA new shower in galley

Post by tranquil »

First the hot water hose exploded under the galley sink. Fortunately I was there at the time and caught it before the dish soap stored under the sink could enjoy much of a steam sauna. Saw other blog entries on it and fixed it. Duct tape under new double clamp hoses - Ace is my favorite place

Next the side and top of the silver plastic faucet cracked, exploding water in galley. Duct taped it quickly. Wiped off my guests after offering them Lauren Shower Gelee. Cleaned up the interior.

Now the bottom of the faucet head cracked, exploding water. Duct taped it also - all in matching silver.

Not much left to duct tape; it's practically the whole faucet head. The pressurized system is just forcing breakage farther up the chain.

Personally, I prefer to shower in the head.

Any ideas to solve this problem are gratefully welcomed. Doesn't look like it is a "regular" size --so not sure I can replace the whole thing with a "regular" water faucet rather than the faucet head/sprayer thing (I get technical) :D

Thanks
Teri Weber Hull # 187 in Chicago
Teri Weber
Tranquil
Hull #187
Chicago
Tranquilcat42@yahoo.com
KenKrawford

Re: Exploding Galley hose and faucet AKA new shower in galley

Post by KenKrawford »

Teri - I've replace my galley sprayer twice so far and I've got a 2005 hull. The last time I picked one up at Home Depot. The finish is a brushed nickel and doesn't match perfectly but it works fine. It was about $20.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
tranquil

Re: Exploding Galley hose and faucet AKA new shower in galley

Post by tranquil »

Thanks Ken!

I like inexpensive solutions. Will look for bronze or clear duct tape while I am there to match the new finish :D

Teri
Teri Weber
Tranquil
Hull #187
Chicago
Tranquilcat42@yahoo.com