Genoa Cars from Garhauer

Post your technical questions or solutions about getting the best performance out of your boat here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

c350makeway

Genoa Cars from Garhauer

Post by c350makeway »

Although this site has been active for over a week, no postings have been made to this heading.

While we are all concerned with the mechanical systems on our boats, there have been few, if any, postings with respect to the 350's performance under sail. That must mean that Gerry and the rest of the staff at Catalina have done a fine job in meeting the primary goal; that is performance under sail.

Shortly after I purchsed "Make Way" which is fitted with a furling boom, I purchased the adjustable Genoa cars from Garhauer for about $360.00. This is the best performance and safety enhancement you can make!

Armin
s/v "Make Way"
Jack McDonald

Post by Jack McDonald »

Hello Armin,
The Garhauer adjustable genoa cars sure are a wonderful feature to add to the C350.

I got the optional swivel cams with mine. Therefore, I coil the control line and store it under the dodger. I would prefer a "continuous loop" for the control line. Has anyone rigged a "continuous loop" control line for the Garhauer adjustable genoa cars?
Jack
Friendship
C350, #80
Chesapeake Bay
Daniel Brodsky

Garhauer adjustable genoa cars - Warning

Post by Daniel Brodsky »

The Garhauer adjustable genoa cars are a wonderful feature to add to the C350. They should be a standard item on this boat. Note: The original blocks cannot touch the glass because there is a stop on the inboard side. The new genoa car system blocks do not have the same stop and they will touch the glass. They can be modified. We had the modification done yesterday when the broken window was replaced.
Daniel J. Brodsky
Holo Nui # 354
wcconway

Re: Genoa Cars from Garhauer

Post by wcconway »

We plan to install the Garhauer adjustable cars in April and would like advice and photos of installations on other 350's. Also any information on part numbers and configuration would be most appreciated.
Wally & Coco Conway
, #467
Pensacola, Florida
wcconway

Post by wcconway »

Post Script - I located an artilce that Bill Vanwagoner wrote for Mainsheet in 2009. It is located under the rigging section of the members only technical articles.

I also found our own post from several years ago when we were going to do the installation and had contacted Garhauer for the model #. See that C350IA forum thread at http://www.catalina350.net/phpBB3/viewt ... f=17&t=357 "garhauer ez glide genoa cars"

A mind is a terrible thing to lose....
Wally & Coco Conway
, #467
Pensacola, Florida
Desiderata

Post by Desiderata »

Agree with Armin that the adjustable gennie cars are one of the best safety and convenience features that you can add to a boat.

Rick
Desiderata #441