New Owner, Lots Of Questions

The sailor's version of gathering around the water cooler. Talk about anything your heart desires on this forum.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Greg_D

New Owner, Lots Of Questions

Post by Greg_D »

Hello all, I just put a deposit down on a Catalina 350. The survey is scheduled for early next week. Assuming that goes well, I will need to get the boat from Punta Gorda, FL to Kemah, TX. Any recommendations on how to do that given that I likely won't have the time to do it myself? Hire a delivery Captain? Ship via truck? Pros and cons of each and recommendations if anyone has experience with both or either? Looking ford to learning lots here!
ElizabethG

Re: New Owner, Lots Of Questions

Post by ElizabethG »

Hi Greg,

Congrats on the new boat!

If the survey comes back positive, I think it would be cheaper to hire captain as it would be a straight shot across the Gulf.

If you ship, you would have to decommission, pay for the shipping and then recommission.

I have never done either one, so keep that in mind. You might want to get quotes for both options.

BTW, this is the place for all things C350!

Bill
C350, #193
Atlanta (Home) / Charleston, SC (Boat)
Triumph

Re: New Owner, Lots Of Questions

Post by Triumph »

Re: moving boat to Texas. I live near Tampa. I’ve done professional deliveries for several new owners. I can give you references I’ve owned my 350 for 19 years so I know it well. I could possible do it in May. You can email me at cullensailor@gmail.com. Also see my website. Www.thebookofsail.com.

Bill on Triumph.