Ave Maria for sale 2004 C350

The sailor's version of gathering around the water cooler. Talk about anything your heart desires on this forum.

Moderator: KenKrawford

johnthejetpilot

Ave Maria for sale 2004 C350

Post by johnthejetpilot »

It is with VERY mixed emotions that we have put our beloved 2004 C350 (Ave Maria) up for sale. We LOVE the boat and would not be considering parting with her except we found a C385 that is in pristine condition. The Admiral likes many of the features on the 385 (larger cockpit, slightly larger bunks, inverter=all outlets usable, mildly more sea-kindly in seas over 3’, very low engine hours, solar power, leather interior). Things I like about this C385 (top down furler for assym attached to bowsprit, inverter, solar, battened main, slightly better comfort ratio w/higher speeds, seems very clean, better headroom in aft cabin, option to use freezer box as a refrigerator, larger cockpit with long bench seat along stern, bow thruster). Our sailing is a mix of 35% daysailing/30% cruising/35% distance racing/10% buoy racing)

Listing:
https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/2004-c ... 0-8978679/

Virtual tour:
https://kuula.co/share/collection/7JDM7 ... 0&thumbs=1

Like most C350 owners we have cared for her very well (I sail solo about 75% of the time) and have done significant upgrades..partial list below:
-Assymetrical spinnaker w/sock and ATN furler (I’m 56 and run this easily by myself in less than 12kts)
-New electronics and autopilot 2022/2023
Upgrades-
2023:
new RM Axiom 9 w/Navionics nav pkg installed +
New RM Quantum 24nm radar installed +
New RM wind indicator +
AIS tied into SeaTalk network
New jib lines
Mast removed and inspected (required to run new radar /wind indicator cables)
New hot water manifold installed
PYI Dripless shaft seal inspected and adjusted (no leaks)
Eisenglass replaced -dodger and Bimini/repaired stitching on canvas for helm cover
2022:
Seatalk network installed +
New RM 100 a/p and P70 display installed
New dock lines
Upgraded ext power connection and cord (Smartplug)
New North sail 155 Genoa
New Catalina original Roller furling mainsail
2021:
Code zero/Assymetrical spinnaker w/ATN top-down furler & sleeve purchased THIS MAKES A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE IN BOAT PERFORMANCE IN UNDER 7KTS OF WIND (W/BOAT LIGHTLY LOADED AND FRESH VC17 PAINT I CAN REACH AT 4.5+SOG IN 4-6KTS OF WIND)
AC powered LED track lighting installed stbd side
Leather wrapped folding wheel (still have original)
2020:
Inspected and greased Windlass
Installed 2 new AGM LIFELINE sealed batts
Installed new batt charger (to support charging of AGMs)
replaced fresh water pump under sink
M35B heat exchanger replaced
M35B damper plate replaced with upgraded model
impeller replaced
2017:
Custom cover by Boat tailors (mast up storage)

If anyone has experience sailing a C350 vs C385 or C470, I’d appreciate your input and thoughts on how they sail. This C350 has been my favorite Catalina of all time (I’ve sailed C22/25/30/36 and lived aboard a C42, which is my 2nd fav Catalina). I will miss the massive storage that, in my opinion, exceeds the storage on the Catalina 42.

I cannot describe how helpful this forum of supportive owners has been for us. THANK YOU ALL!
Ave Maria
Hull 212
Kenosha, WI