Stove top cutting board

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

cuthbert

Stove top cutting board

Post by cuthbert »

Title says it all has anyone found a suitable stove top cutting board that fits on top of the seaward 2 burner stove?

JC
cuthbert

Re: Stove top cutting board

Post by cuthbert »

I found the solution on the facebook group page this is an IKEA stock item "Skogsta" $25.
I bought one at the weekend and it fits to the mm width wise, looks like it was made for this stove.

This is the second really good idea I have found on the C350 facebook group, the YETI drop in at the helm seat is the single best improvement I have made to the boat.
Attachments
skogsta.jpg
skogsta.jpg (78.64 KiB) Viewed 201248 times
elk

Post by elk »

Can you expand on the Yeti drop in at the helm? What is it?

Thanks,

Ed
Ed Kruzel
S/V Emily
Hull #399, 2006 C350
Cataumet, MA
cuthbert

Post by cuthbert »

This is a Yeti 45 its width is exactly the same as the gap where the fiberglass seat sits but at a more useable height.

yeti_gap.jpg
yeti_gap.jpg (91.75 KiB) Viewed 201181 times
Image[/img]

One bag of ice and the Yeti means that I don't have to run the fridge with all the inherent charging issues when doing a short 1-2day trip.
Attachments
yeti_45.jpg
yeti_45.jpg (43.25 KiB) Viewed 201181 times
yeti.jpg
yeti.jpg (35.83 KiB) Viewed 201181 times
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Hello

I know this is an older posting but I just came across it today. Are you able to sit on top of Yeti? Just wondering if it is stable and of a good height for the helm.

Looks very interesting, we currently use a small Coleman in the cockpit for drinks etc. so the Yeti would be a good upgrade for us.
Kirk & Leah McCullough
#031 -Full Batten Main, Rocna 20
Sand Dollar
Point Roberts, WA