Anchor roller and tray

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's sails and rigging and here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

belladonna

Anchor roller and tray

Post by belladonna »

I have bent (the piling didn't give) the left flange outward of the starboard roller tray so that it interferes with the positioning of my new Rocna 15 anchor on the port roller and tray. I have tried to "pound" that flange inward to its original position without success. Any ideas on bending this, short of a quick-haul, heat and big pliers, will be greatly appreciated????
NOTE: That bent flange keeps me from putting the Rocna on the starboard roller as well.
Thanx,
Jim
Jim Lassiter
2005 Catalina 350 "BELLA DONNA" # 368
White Stone, VA (lower Chesapeake Bay)
KenKrawford

Re: Anchor roller and tray

Post by KenKrawford »

I bent my roller several years ago and had zero success trying to straighten it. Maybe some industrial sized equipment would work but I just ended up replacing mine. If you go that route, be aware the that piece of stainless is bonded to the deck with what was probably 3M 5200. I had a devil of a time getting it loose and took a bit of gelcoat off with it.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
Monty

Post by Monty »

Jim: how far do you have to bend it over? Steve
Steve Montgomery
Salty, hull #418
Deltaville, VA
Triumph

Post by Triumph »

Without seeing pic note sure this is relevant.
You have the two holes and bail in the flanges. Get a bolt & nuts long enough to go across both of these and then begin to tighten the nuts. This might draw it back to original position. I did this on a friends boat with success.

Bill