Dodger

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

sail2530

Dodger

Post by sail2530 »

Hello
I am new to the forum. I am looking to buy a 2005 with a dodger. I have typically sailed in warm climates and am not that familiar with a dodger. They seem to block the view a bit. So was wondering how difficult is it to remove them and install them? Thanks in advance.
wolfe10

Re: Dodger

Post by wolfe10 »

Welcome.

Not sure there is any "one answer". There are many sources for dodgers, just as for biminis and sails.

Most are easy to remove, leaving only the mounting hardware on the deck. And, if you positively never want a dodger, worse case is to FG/gel coat the few mounting holes.

Yes, most do restrict visibility to some degree. Many have opening panels to improve visibility and air flow in nice weather.

I would not let the presence OR absence of a dodger enter into the boat buying decision.
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
Ft Myers FL
sail2530

Post by sail2530 »

Thank you - really appreciate this forum and all it has to offer.
russp

Post by russp »

Hi, you didn’t say if it is a hard dodger or Sunbrella? If it is a hard dodger I would suggest it is a huge benefit to the boat. And with clears fitted it transforms a cold windy wet day into a comfortable one.
Russ Peel
Avalon #150