Lewmar port gaskets

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's interior here. Are you beginning to see a pattern?

Moderator: KenKrawford

Phil Collison

Lewmar port gaskets

Post by Phil Collison »

Help? I have hull #382 with six Lexmar opening ports that leak due to deteriorated gaskets. I have obtained replacements from three different companies including Catalina Direct and a Lewmar supplier. None of them work. The instructions show an Lshaped groove but my windows have a U shaped groove. Has anyone had experience replacing the gaskets?
Thank You,
Phil Collison
<captcootie@yahoo.com>
KenKrawford

Re: Lewmar port gaskets

Post by KenKrawford »

Phil, I used this gasket from Defender to replace mine and it fit perfectly - https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=3962096 . Our boats are only 31 hulls apart but with Catalina you never know how consistent equipment is from boat to boat. Good luck.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
Phil Collison

Post by Phil Collison »

Ken, Thank you for the input but I ordered this gasket and it was way too big for my window plus the instructions refer to an L shaped channel and mine is just a U. I think I will look for some generic gasket material that can be used.
KenKrawford

Post by KenKrawford »

Phil, if you get a chance take a picture of your port and post it on the message board along with the dimensions. It may help someone in the future with the same problem.
Have you tried thoroughly cleaning the gaskets and then applying some silicone? I try to do this to all mine once a year. It keeps the rubber supple and help prevent it from drying out. This is what I use - https://www.amazon.com/CRC-Ounce-05074- ... 599&sr=8-9
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA