Installing 2000w inverter

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's electrical systems or electronics here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

belladonna

Installing 2000w inverter

Post by belladonna »

Folks - I read the interesting thread relative to inverters from 2015 but was thinking there's been a lot of improvements in inverters just like everything else electrical/electronic these days. I have a 475 amp house battery bank and 2 - 104w solar panels so I've got enough power to run one. I'm thinking a 2000w, pure sine wave inverter that I can "hard-wire" into the boats 120VAc system, in theory supplying AC power to all of the installed AC receptacles. So my questions revolve around which is a good brand inverter to buy, were to mount it (I have a dedicated starting battery on the aft wall of the port settee) and how difficult is it to install. I've looked at the Xantrex brand but am open to most any. Thanx so much, Jim
Jim Lassiter
2005 Catalina 350 "BELLA DONNA" # 368
White Stone, VA (lower Chesapeake Bay)
wolfe10

Re: Installing 2000w inverter

Post by wolfe10 »

Jim,

Part of the "smart answer" has to include whether you have a "smart charger". If not, going with a PSW inverter with built in smart (3 stage) charger should be on the short list.
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
Ft Myers FL