Lift Pump - Kubota Part Number?

You guessed it. Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's engine and transmission here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

ElizabethG

Lift Pump - Kubota Part Number?

Post by ElizabethG »

Hi All,

The Universal / Westerbeke p/n for our M35B diesel lift pump is 039275. Westerbeke wants $257.

Does anyone know the Kubota p/n? I typically find their pricing is a least 50% cheaper the Westerbeke.

Also, does anyone have a link to cross reference Westerbeke p/n's with Kubota p/n's for the M35B?

Thanks,

Bill
C350 #193
Atlanta (Home) / Charleston, SC (Boat)
NormSail350

Re: Lift Pump - Kubota Part Number?

Post by NormSail350 »

Bill, just seeing this now. I have the kubota lift pump. Actually I think kohler is the brand. I will get the on from my boat, but probably not until the weekend. A place called Austral Marine in Miami gave me the cross reference. You could call them at 305-633-0732.

I recall it was obscenely less expensive.

Also installed a bulb in the fuel line just in case the lift pump conks out again.
NormSail350
Escape (hull #40)
Palmetto Bay, FL (Miami)
ElizabethG

Post by ElizabethG »

Hi NormSail350,

Perfect timing!!!

I plan to be on my boat for an extended w/e cruise with the family.

If you could pull that info on your pump, I'd really appreciate it.

I haven't thought about adding a bulk. I'll have to look into that.

I've read that if the diesel level is above the actual lift pump, it will gravity feed if the pump goes out...

Thanks,

Bill
C350 #193
NormSail350

Post by NormSail350 »

Bill,

I can’t seem to get the photo to load. File too big. The lift pump i used is Kohler p/n 249862. My lift pump died 3 years ago and have been using this one since then with no problems. I bought a spare and keep it on board.

Austral Marine International - local shop in Miami, had the cross-reference to Kubota and indicated this one. Works as it should.

NormSail350
NormSail350
Escape (hull #40)
Palmetto Bay, FL (Miami)
NormSail350

Post by NormSail350 »

It looks like prices have increased, I swear I paid about 30 bucks a piece. Austral Marine now has it listed for 120. There are a few other place that see in the internet below 100.

Good luck, let me know if you need anything else.
NormSail350
Escape (hull #40)
Palmetto Bay, FL (Miami)
digitalvillager

Post by digitalvillager »

If this is the electric lift pump that feeds the mechanical pump, just go to NAPA Auto parts. They will have a choice of 2 or more, probably in stock and cheap. I had to replace one on the 4th of July several years ago.
Charlie & Jeanne Monroe
PO Hull #285
Amelia Island, Florida
ElizabethG

Post by ElizabethG »

Digitalvillager & NormSail350,

Thanks for getting back with me!

Digitalvillager...Any chance you know the pressure of the pump you got from NAPA? They have several with different PSI ranges.

NormSail...Thanks for the Kohler p/n. I'm going to look around to see if I can find one a little cheaper than $120. Maybe with that p/n, I can back into the PSI range as well.

BTW, I mentioned in a previous note that I found articles, posts, etc. where the diesel lift pump could be bypassed and gravity fed to the engine. I'm guessing that is NOT the case with C350's as my pump sits above the fuel tank. Just adding this as an FYI and for clarification...

Thanks,

Bill
C350 #193
ElizabethG

Post by ElizabethG »

Hi All,

To close the loop, I ordered a Facet 40178 lift pump from Pegasus Auto Racing.

They had the best price I could find at $73. That price does not include shipping & taxes.

This is the equivalent to the Kohler (p/n 249862) pump and the NAPA (p/n 6102403) pump.

It's rated 2 - 3.5 PSI.

Thanks,

Bill
C350 #193
Atlanta (Home) / Charleston (Boat)
digitalvillager

Post by digitalvillager »

Unfortunately, I sold our 350 (Quit in Time) a couple of years ago, so I don’t remember the psi of the lift pump, BUT, if you tell the NAPA dealer you have a 35hp Kabota, they will be able to identify the proper pump. Napa became my first call when I needed a part from electrical through hydraulics. Just tell them it for your tractor.
Charlie & Jeanne Monroe
PO Hull #285
Amelia Island, Florida