Hatch size/covers

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Wisail

Hatch size/covers

Post by Wisail »

I want to get some hatch covers for the Lewmar hatches on “Donna Marie” 489. A quick search showed canvas covers by Oceansouth and Lewmar. Outland covers are a possibility also. Outland looks like measuring/template needed although with the amount of owner of C350 they may have dimensions.
The boat is still tucked away for winter and a bit of a drive away.
Does anyone have the Lewmar numbers and/or dimensions of the forward trapezoidal, head, and two cabin top hatches so I can order canvas covers from Defender or other sources?
Thanks in advance.
Jeff J
Olivia Mae

Re: Hatch size/covers

Post by Olivia Mae »

I just ordered a set from Outland for our 350. Great guys to deal with. They have the patterns already for the 350. Just tell them the year of the boat. $229 plus shipping is the price they quoted me.
Scott and Linda

Olivia Mae
C350 Hull #53
Erie, Pa.
Wisail

Post by Wisail »

Thanks Olivia
I’m trying to decide if I like the spinning disks that stay on the hatch.
SubVet

Post by SubVet »

The first thing we bought for Magic Dragon (#45) when we took possession in 2018 was a set of the Outland Hatch Covers. Best investment to date. These covers are super. They keep the boat cooler and are virtually zero maintenance. The Outland guys are also fantastic. I recommend them to everyone.
dedgell

Post by dedgell »

We have a set of Sunbrella covers that match our Bimini and dodger. They were made by Keri at Yachtsman’s Canvas. Keri has the templates for the C350 hatch covers; also winch and binnacle covers. If interested in Sunbrella feel free to contact her.

https://yachtsmanscanvas.com/
BJH

Post by BJH »

Olivia Mae wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:46 pm I just ordered a set from Outland for our 350. Great guys to deal with. They have the patterns already for the 350. Just tell them the year of the boat. $229 plus shipping is the price they quoted me.
This is great news! I'm glad I read this! I was getting ready to go down and measure our new to us 350 for Outland covers. We had them on our 320 and loved them! I guess I'll call them this week!

BJH
Miss Sea-ducer #329
BJH
Miss Sea-ducer, Hull 329
Pasadena MD
Olivia Mae

Post by Olivia Mae »

No need to measure. They have the 350 in their database.
Scott and Linda

Olivia Mae
C350 Hull #53
Erie, Pa.