Marine Elegance Hose routing

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's head here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

eTrial

Marine Elegance Hose routing

Post by eTrial »

Hi All,
I have a Marine Elegance head arriving next week. I see that other members have installed this model but it was not clear to me from the pictures if the hoses were routed from the rear or the bottom of the pedestal. From my quick look, it is a tight fit to route them from the bottom.
Any advice from those who have completed this task?
Thanks,
George
Interlude35

Re: Marine Elegance Hose routing

Post by Interlude35 »

Hi George- In the Summer 2021 edition of Mainsheet , the article I wrote “Head for a Quieter Night Sleep” I mistakingly put the wrong model number for the Raritan Marine Elegance Toilet. The correct model number is 220HF01200. I think there are two options for routing the discharge hose from the toilet to the holding tank: (1) Add a 90 degree fitting to the toilet discharge, cut a hole in the bulkhead behind the toilet and route the hose from the toilet thru the hole to the holding tank inlet (2) Add a 90 degree fitting to the toilet discharge and route the the hose from the toilet thru the opening that is on the forward side of the toilet to the holding tank inlet. I used the first option. I think the second option should work but have not tried it. John
eTrial

Post by eTrial »

Thanks John,
Excellent article. Thanks for taking the time to create it.
I am struggling a bit with fishing a line from the under sink area to the holding tank area. I will bring a scope to the boat today to get a better look.
Thanks again,
George
Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

George -

I couldn't get that routed easily either and wanted a shutoff for the head fresh water supply anyway so I routed a new line from the cold water manifold directly to the head.

Just another option to consider.

Bob
Guinevere
LI_Sound_Cat

Post by LI_Sound_Cat »

Bob,
This may be a fairly basic question - but I just ordered the Raritan Elegance and am going to attempt this job. How did you route the fresh water line from the manifold to the cabinet behind the head?
Thanks very much,
Dan
Dan
“Glandore”
KenKrawford

Post by KenKrawford »

Dan, when I installed mine I used a piece of 1/2” Pex tubing as a fish and just kept poking it around until it finally came through. If I remember correctly I started in the cutout behind the commode and worked it towards the space under the sink. It was slow and frustrating but eventually appeared. Having a deep vocabulary of cuss words greatly aided the process !
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
LI_Sound_Cat

Post by LI_Sound_Cat »

Much appreciated Ken. That was what I was afraid of but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something!
Dan
“Glandore”
LI_Sound_Cat

Post by LI_Sound_Cat »

Ken,
Hopefully last question — where did you mount the black flush control box?
Thanks
Dan
Dan
“Glandore”
KenKrawford

Post by KenKrawford »

Dan I mounted the flush controller on the face of the sink cabinet where the previous flush push button was.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA