2 small thru hulls on Starboard side of hull

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's hull, prop or rudder here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

starfish

2 small thru hulls on Starboard side of hull

Post by starfish »

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me where to access the onboard side of the 2 small thru hulls on the starboard side rear quarter? Mine need to be replaced. Also, are they both 3/4 inch?

Thanks
Ed
Ed Kleinstuber
s/v Starfish
C350 #333
leigh weiss

Re: 2 small thru hulls on Starboard side of hull

Post by leigh weiss »

I have replaced the two 3/4" drains from inside the bottom of the starboard cockpit locker ( tight fit) and some what hard to swing a tool to take them out. The replacements are SS and wont suffer the sun degradation that the originals had. Found the SS fittings on Ebay. I also replaced the anchor well drain with a SS unit as well. Clean out the locker and have fun squirming!!!! Having smaller and younger friends is a big help.

Good luck.
Leigh and Donna Weiss
Brisa #155
Georgetown, MD. USA
starfish

Post by starfish »

Thanks very much, Leigh. Can you tell me how long they are? Would like to get them ordered before fighting the removal battle.

Thanks
Ed
Ed Kleinstuber
s/v Starfish
C350 #333
leigh weiss

Post by leigh weiss »

As I recall, the hull and backing block was about 1" thick plus allow for the threads of the fitting your are looking at about 2" . I don't recall if I trimmed the length to install. The 1-1/2" anchor well drain, once removed gave the dimensions. You have more room for the install in the front.
Have fun.
Leigh and Donna Weiss
Brisa #155
Georgetown, MD. USA