Moving Recently Purchased C350 Gulf Florida to Atlantic Side

The sailor's version of gathering around the water cooler. Talk about anything your heart desires on this forum.

Moderator: KenKrawford

CaptGeorge

Moving Recently Purchased C350 Gulf Florida to Atlantic Side

Post by CaptGeorge »

I am closing on a Catalina 350 on June 1, 2021. I will be moving the boat to a nearby boatyard in Palmetto, FL that needs it for approximately 2 weeks (pickup date could flex and I would keep advised) for bottom work and a new cutlass bearing and then the boat will be moved to Stuart, FL.

I would like to have the vessel in Stuart by no later than June 30, 2021. My wife is a very qualified first mate with Great Lakes sailing experience and will be making the passage with the Captain. FYI - I recently started a new job that will not easily allow me the time off to do this passage with my wife :-(

So far, I have struck out with availability of professional captains. Is there anyone from experience who could recommend someone that I should contact?

Thanks so much.

George
Hull Number 124
TEM58

Re: Moving Recently Purchased C350 Gulf Florida to Atlantic Side

Post by TEM58 »

Hi George,
Sending you a pm with contact info for a dockmate of mine. Well, former dockmate since we just put the boat in hurricane storage. Many years as an instructor, charter, and delivery captain. He’s in Punta Gorda so somewhat local.

Congratulations on the purchase. What hull number?
Tim Meredith
Perfect Match II
2003 #35
Belton, TX
Boat currently Punta Gorda, FL
RustyB

Post by RustyB »

Hey George. I have a very good friend who is a delivery skipper. Lots of experience. His name is Sanford Hardy and I’ll send you his contact info. You’re going to love your 350!
Triumph

Post by Triumph »

I sent you a message about doing this for you. It was a PM. I did not get a reply? email me at cullensailor@gmail.com

Bill Cullen
CaptGeorge

Post by CaptGeorge »

Thanks everyone for the replies. Bill Cullen (Triumph) will be helping us with our move from Palmetto to Stuart and we so appreciate it! Looking so forward to getting to know our "new to us" C350.

George
Hull Number 124