RAM MIC

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's hull, prop or rudder here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

chesworth

RAM MIC

Post by chesworth »

Taliesin, Hull #341, has an ICOM IC M402A VHF installed, probably original equipment back in 2005. The plug in for the RAM mic on the side of the binnacle has broken beyond repair. Mic is model HM-127W Serial #0203409. ICOM have changed the design and the "plug in" fitting so no joy there.
Any advise as to where I may get a replacement would be welcome otherwise I'm in for a new VHF and RAM.
Cheers
Alan
leigh weiss

Re: RAM MIC

Post by leigh weiss »

Alan,
I purchased a HM 157 mic kit that has a 20' extension cable included to replace my mic. The kit had
an extension cable with the end plug you need. You can find the extension cable alone or a mic kit on ebay.

I found mine on ebay for about $80.
If you need only the plug , I have my old one. Send me a PM if you still need it.

Leigh Weiss Brisa #155
Leigh and Donna Weiss
Brisa #155
Georgetown, MD. USA
JohnNorton

Post by JohnNorton »

I am looking for a helm station mic , Standard Horzion CMP23W. If anyone has one to sell please contact me. Thanks
direct contact: jnorton@aamfgco.com
S/V Tavish B.

Post by S/V Tavish B. »

Hi John,

I just upgraded my VHF on the Tavish B. (hull #26), and have a CMP23W, but I ended up cutting the black cable, so it's just the mic available.

Send me your address, I'll mail it you.

Nick C.
JohnNorton

Post by JohnNorton »

Hi Nick. Hope you can send the mic to: John Norton, 7334 Marina Pacifica S. Key 8, Long Beach, CA 90803