New owner of hull 358

The sailor's version of gathering around the water cooler. Talk about anything your heart desires on this forum.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Cmp1110

New owner of hull 358

Post by Cmp1110 »

Just got back from delivering hull 358 from North Carolina to rock hall md.
I have a few questions I think I can get answered here
Does the blower on the a/c run all the time with compressor cycling as needed? This is our first boat with a/c
How do you switch between front and rear water tanks?
How is the hot water heater plumbed into the system? We had good water pressure on the cold side, way less pressure on the hot side. I'm not sure if it was we were low on water or if we did not open something?
Does anyone know the best place to source gasket material for port lights?

All in all a great shakedown cruise ran thru everything from extended motoring up the bay Icw.
Motor sailed with great speed very stable its gonna be a great summer

Any other 350s I. Rock hall?
R.B.

Re: New owner of hull 358

Post by R.B. »

Does the blower on the a/c run all the time with compressor cycling as needed? This is our first boat with a/c - we don't have AC, I can't answer this
How do you switch between front and rear water tanks? - under the galley sink, lift the board and there are 2 valves for forward and aft tanks
How is the hot water heater plumbed into the system? We had good water pressure on the cold side, way less pressure on the hot side. I'm not sure if it was we were low on water or if we did not open something? - the hot water tank is filled and pressurized with the cold water. In the main bilge, there are 2 manifolds blue for cold water and red for hot water. Check to make sure the water water valves are fully open and the cold water valve to the hot water tank is fully open. If they are and you still don't have hot water pressure at any of the faucets, you will have to trace the pressure drop. Start at the manifold by pulling the hoses off of the manifold to check water pressure. Start with the cold water to hot water manifold.
Does anyone know the best place to source gasket material for port lights? - for just rebedding, you can use butyl tape. For an actual gasket, check with Catalina Direct or the manufacturer of your ports.
Ralph

WOLFHELM
C350 #342
Air Mobility

Post by Air Mobility »

Welcome aboard. You should enjoy the boat. It's a great boat for the Chesapeake Bay. We have owned hull number 158 since 2006. Air Mobility is kept at Osprey Point Marina along with one other 350. I believe there are several others in the area. This website is a great resource for technical information. Hope to see you on the bay or in the area.

George and Kathy Fisher
Cmp1110

Post by Cmp1110 »

R.B. wrote:Does the blower on the a/c run all the time with compressor cycling as needed? This is our first boat with a/c - we don't have AC, I can't answer this
How do you switch between front and rear water tanks? - under the galley sink, lift the board and there are 2 valves for forward and aft tanks
How is the hot water heater plumbed into the system? We had good water pressure on the cold side, way less pressure on the hot side. I'm not sure if it was we were low on water or if we did not open something? - the hot water tank is filled and pressurized with the cold water. In the main bilge, there are 2 manifolds blue for cold water and red for hot water. Check to make sure the water water valves are fully open and the cold water valve to the hot water tank is fully open. If they are and you still don't have hot water pressure at any of the faucets, you will have to trace the pressure drop. Start at the manifold by pulling the hoses off of the manifold to check water pressure. Start with the cold water to hot water manifold.
Does anyone know the best place to source gasket material for port lights? - for just rebedding, you can use butyl tape. For an actual gasket, check with Catalina Direct or the manufacturer of your ports.

Thanks for the info I will check this weekend!!
Cmp1110

Post by Cmp1110 »

Air Mobility wrote:Welcome aboard. You should enjoy the boat. It's a great boat for the Chesapeake Bay. We have owned hull number 158 since 2006. Air Mobility is kept at Osprey Point Marina along with one other 350. I believe there are several others in the area. This website is a great resource for technical information. Hope to see you on the bay or in the area.

George and Kathy Fisher

We are super excited can not wait for this weekend. We are next door at haven harbor. I'm sure we'll see you out there !!!
leigh weiss

Post by leigh weiss »

Welcome to the C350 owners group in the north C.B.

If you have the same AC unit as Hull #155, I think you can adjust the AC fan to run continually at various speeds or only when the AC compressor is running. I have the owners manual if you don't have one. My boat is located on the Sassafras River north of your location.
I have also added rubber vibration isolation pads to the AC unit and sound proofing to the inside of the AC enclosure. This reduced the noise level in the cabin.
Leigh and Donna Weiss
Brisa #155
Georgetown, MD. USA
Cmp1110

Post by Cmp1110 »

leigh weiss wrote:Welcome to the C350 owners group in the north C.B.

If you have the same AC unit as Hull #155, I think you can adjust the AC fan to run continually at various speeds or only when the AC compressor is running. I have the owners manual if you don't have one. My boat is located on the Sassafras River north of your location.
I have also added rubber vibration isolation pads to the AC unit and sound proofing to the inside of the AC enclosure. This reduced the noise level in the cabin.
Thanks I have the manual but it's on the boat I'll check this weekend!! I assumed it would shut off we got the boat in North Carolina so I was messing with it on the delivery home last weekend did not have a chance to really get into it.

Great idea on the rubber pads it does seem a bit noisy

Delivery home was great it was my first chance to spend any real time on board boat was fantastic very satisfied performance and comfort wise.
Aussie Mate

Post by Aussie Mate »

I have hull 357, so there is a chance it will be similar to your 358.

The AC fan runs continually while the AC is on, regardless of compressor. Switch tanks, bow and stern via valves under floor panel under galley sink, our hot water is same pressure as cold.

Enjoy a great boat mate

Bruce
Bruce Whyte
s/v Aussie Mate
C350 #357