Replacement Upgraded System - Which did You Choose?

One of everybodies' favorite topics. Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's refrigerator here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

ChuteUp

Replacement Upgraded System - Which did You Choose?

Post by ChuteUp »

After reading so many Fridge Threads with unhappy owners & acknowledging it's more than one thing (Insulation, Door gaskets, etc count too)
For those (especially in much warmer / hot climates) who chose to Upgrade / Expand / Re-configure their Fridge System, could you please share your System components.

In the meantime, will continue reading through old threads trying to learn & extract all (there are many) the valuable suggestions, hints, lessons learned ....

Thanks in advance. 8)
KenKrawford

Re: Replacement Upgraded System - Which did You Choose?

Post by KenKrawford »

I added insulation to my system and was able to significantly decrease the compressor run time. I followed the method used by Jim Gienko. The link to his write up is in the first post of this thread - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=396. It is a Word document with pictures detailing each step. The only thing i gave up on were the recirculating fans that he recommended. They were a bit of a pain and I didn't feel that they made that much difference.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
ChuteUp

Re: Replacement Upgraded System - Which did You Choose?

Post by ChuteUp »

Thanks for the response & the link.

Sorting thru all the suggestions, new info & alternatives/options to put into action when the opportunity arises.

Thanks again 8)