How can I post Images?

Any notices about upgrades or new features may be found here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

jnnielsen
Site Admin

How can I post Images?

Post by jnnielsen »

Hello all,

I suspect this is a question I am going to get a lot. So here is an ounce of prevention.

How Can I post Images?
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed)."

The key issue is that you have to be able to upload your pictures to a web host. You probably were given some storage on your ISP's server when you signed up for their service. You need to upload your pictures to that kind of storage site.

Then you need to refer to the image using the image tag. You can include an image tag in your post by clicking on the "Img" button above the field where you type your post. Then type in the URL for the image you want to appear. When people look at your post, the image will be included.

For example, here is a picture of my grandsons sitting on our 1935 Chevy Confederate outside Rose Arbour, our bed and breakfast in Vermont.

Jerry
Tim April IV

Right size image?

Post by Tim April IV »

What is a suggested image size so that scrolling left to right isn't necessary? I know it has something to do with monitor size, but help me get in the ballpark. I think that 800 pixels wide is too wide - what's a good number?

Thanks.
Tim Brogan
April IV C350 #68
Seattle
jnnielsen
Site Admin

Picture Size

Post by jnnielsen »

Tim,

A 640 pixel wide iimage will fit nicely when the browser is resized so that it still displays all of the forum title.

Jerry