Anchor Washdown System

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Last Boat

Anchor Washdown System

Post by Last Boat »

Has anyone installed an Anchor Washdown system? Could you please share your installation? If no one has installed, how does this plan sound? I am thinking of installing a Shurflo pump under my Head sink and tapping into the sink drain for the input and running the output hose under the V-Berth area and up into the anchor locker. Any better ideas or helpful hints before I make a mess?
Nelson Gainey
Last Boat
C350 #345
KenKrawford

Post by KenKrawford »

Nelson,
That was one of the first projects that I did after taking delivery of my boat last year. While the boat was still out of the water, I put in 2 dedicated thru hulls - 1 for the washdown pump and the other for air conditioning. You definitely don't want to use the sink drain. It will only suck air through the sink. You'd need to use the intake for the head instead.
I mounted the thru hull that I installed under the sink but ran the hose back to the bilge in the main salon. There was more room to mount the pump there. After several failed attempts to fish the hose forward to the anchor locker, I found the easiest path was down the center of the boat up to the knot/depth access panel, then along the starboard side up to the forward bulkhead in the V berth. I used a piece of 3/8" Pex tubing (Home Depot) to fish the tubing. I then removed the access panel to the windlass and finished the install in the anchor locker.
Email me if you have any other questions.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA