Considering a replacement of my rotary Aire

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's air conditioning here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Murphysox

Considering a replacement of my rotary Aire

Post by Murphysox » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:56 pm

The current rotary aire by Westerbeke is acting up with a ghost in the machine. It will work fine then decide to change functions on it's own and buttons are no longer working until they start working again after 10 minutes or so for some unknown reason.

It seems no one has parts for these things in the Annapolis area and when you see the parts online for sale they want big $$$ for non-returnable electrical parts.

I would love to try a new controller but its $425 plus tax and shipping chance of it working.

I'm about to order a new Dometic 16k btu

Has anyone made an a/c unit switch? What brand did you buy and how do you like it?

Thanks!!!

Murphysox

Re: Considering a replacement of my rotary Aire

Post by Murphysox » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:11 pm

I was able to keep the system working throughout the summer. The odd behavior I still have is when I try to adjust the temp. setting up or down, the system often will do other functions like go into dehumidifier mode. When I leave everything alone, it works fine.

If anyone replaces their system (for other reasons) please save the interior black control panel and I will buy it from you.

Bob

Fiftybucks

Re: Considering a replacement of my rotary Aire

Post by Fiftybucks » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:35 pm

i am currently replacing webasto with dometic turbo 16000 reverse. i have not run it yet. i will at the end of Dec. I will post back on performance.
Cheers Hull #380 (Infinity) new CG DV name