Tampa Bay C350 Rendezvous

Members of Fleet 2 may use this forum to make announcements of importance to their fleet.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Triumph

Tampa Bay C350 Rendezvous

Post by Triumph » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:13 pm

I'm thinking that we should have a C350 Rendezvous in the fall of 2014 for all the C350's on Tampa Bay and the West coast of Florida. I would be happy to host it at the Tampa Sailing Squadron in Apollo Beach. It's a good facility for this, at no charge. Showers, Kitchen, BBQ, clubhouse, and so on. I was thinking perhaps late September or October some time?

One thing we should try to do is round up all the C350's that are not members of the C350 Inter Assoc. and get them to sign up. If I get five boats plus mine, we'll do it.

cullensailor at g mail dot com

Bill Cullen
s/v TRIUMPH

wcconway

Re: Tampa Bay C350 Rendezvous

Post by wcconway » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Sounds fun! Sign us up although we will most likely join via land not sea.
Wally & Connie Conway
Arkeoo, #467
Pensacola, Florida

wolfe10

Post by wolfe10 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:15 am

You might contact Catalina for either a list of 350 owners in the Gulf coast area or if they are not willing to share the names, ask them to do a mailing to them.

Plan "B" would be to contact Gulf Coast Catalina dealers, but their list will likely not be up to date because people/boats move.

And a little later (October/early November) will probably get more "migrants" coming to FL or the Bahamas from the west/north.

Brett
Last edited by wolfe10 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
League City, TX

TBOT422

Post by TBOT422 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:16 am

Hi Bill,

You can count us in. We live in Clearwater and would love to get together with other C350 owners. I'm pretty sure I can also get another couple from Clearwater Beach to come if it fits in their schedule.

One question I have is why posts and replies to the Fleet board do not show up in the "View Active Topics" board? I didn't even know about your post until my wife mentioned it to me. She reads the daily digests and it apparently showed up in the daily e-mail. I don't read them, opting instead to just go to the web site and "View Active Topics". I don't know if there are other owners who do the same as I do, but it might be worth adding another post in "Scuttlebutt" that links to this post.

Keep us informed as to the schedule.
Gary & Janet
The Best of Times (Hull #422)

Triumph

Post by Triumph » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:05 pm

OK gang. Everyone check you calendars, how does October 3 thru Oct 5th sound? Who is a probable "in" for the Florida Catalina 350 Roundup? (I still can't spell rendezvous)

I'm thinking we could put together a few interesting discussion/presentations on modification, maintenance, etc., and maybe a session with a Catalina Factory person there too. Then some of us could do entertaining presentations of where we've cruised. We'd do some Bar-B-Q-ing, drinking, and carrying on over the weekend. Maybe gentleman's soft race (1 hour- or about 4 miles) on Saturday afternoon.

Dockage and all would be free, but there would be a fee to cover beer, food, etc. You could come earlier, or stay later. The Tampa Sailing Squadron is in Apollo Beach, Fl.

More details to foller ....

Bill Cullen on TRIUMPH

cullensailor at g mail

nedenborough

Post by nedenborough » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:36 pm

What a great idea. Unfortunately Joan and I will be in Europe the month of October.

Please let me know if the I350 org. Can hel un any way. Perhaps a mailing list? Let me know.

Neville Edenborough, nedenborough@yahoo.com

wcconway

Post by wcconway » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:43 pm

We will attend via land.
Wally & Connie Conway
Arkeoo, #467
Pensacola, Florida

Aussie Mate

Post by Aussie Mate » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:13 am

Kathy and I will attend, probably via the land yacht

Bruce and Kathy Whyte, "Aussie Mate"
Bruce Whyte
s/v Aussie Mate
C350 #357

Triumph

Post by Triumph » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:11 pm

UPDATE:

The date had to be changed to October 10th-12th. So please let me know if you need a slip, and for how long. Anchoring out is also available, in a good well protected anchorage. The club has a kitchen, BBQ, showers, etc. Most of the activities would be on Saturday for those of you coming by land. We would be doing a party Friday night and Sunday morning a breakfast and maybe more discussions and presentations. That depends on how many people will be there Sunday. The Tampa Sailing Squadron is holding the "Rumgatta" the weekend prior, Oct 4th. You are welcome to come to this, and stay over for the C350 Rendezvous the following weekend.

So now I'll start a head count and begin to plan the details.

I'm planning on buying beer & soft drinks, and providing dinner Friday and Saturday nights, lunch on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday. This is what the entry fee will cover. It will be very reasonable I promise you. Let me know if you plan to attend, # people, days there for lunches and dinners.

Let me know if you'd like to lead a presentation or a discussion. Tell me what you'd like to see. Much of it can be informal too, "Hey, we're going to have beer and talk about 12 volt power systems on our boats after lunch". We may also do a "boat show", where you go look at all of the C350's at the rendezvous. Perhaps we'd vote on the "best boat", or neatest idea, and have a prize. Maybe we'd do a gentleman's soft race (1 hour- or about 4 miles) on Saturday afternoon.

Here are some that I can do (have done);though they are not C350 specific;

The 25 best gadgets and ideas to have aboard your Boat.
Cooking aboard
Anchoring Knowledge
Transiting the Panama Canal
Cruising the Exuma Islands in the Bahamas
Sailing Across the South Pacific
Building your cruising Confidence

Bill Cullen on TRIUMPH

cullensailor at g mail

zman18

Post by zman18 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:24 am

Bill,
Your date change has opened up the possibility for my wife and I to attend. We would arrive Friday, leave Sunday and would need a slip.

John and Jean
Compass Rose (Hull # 484)
John Zoda
Compass Rose
Hull# 484

TBOT422

Post by TBOT422 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:55 am

Bill,

We'd love to attend. The new date works better for me. My wife and I would likely arrive on Friday, leave on Sunday and need a slip for Friday/Saturday nights.

One topic that I'd like to discuss is how to maintain and grow the C350 IA. As there were only about 500 C350's made and there will not be anymore, how do we grow the organization? Catalina has deemed the 355 to join the C34 site, so there is little likelihood of new members other than through the transfer of existing C350's.
Gary & Janet
The Best of Times (Hull #422)

wcconway

Post by wcconway » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:39 am

The date change helped us as well since we had a conflict creep up for the weekend of the 5th. We will participate via land. Will need to know a little bit about lodging nearby. Thanks for getting us organized!
Wally & Connie Conway
Arkeoo, #467
Pensacola, Florida

Triumph

Post by Triumph » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Thanks for the replies. Let's do this, to communicate about the Tampa Bay C350 Rendezvous Oct 10-12, send me an email at cullensailor@gmail.com I will post updates here on ideas, who is coming (boat name, location, and name), and the details of the rendezvous every couple of weeks. When you email me, be sure to include the names of who will be there (for name tags), your location, & your email and phone contact.

I will also begin an off line email communication to those that intend to attend. There are five of us thus far.

Bill Cullen
TRIUMPH
Tampa

JohnForr

Post by JohnForr » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:02 pm

We plan on being there with the boat and would want a slip.

John & Mary Jane Forr
Forr Fun
Hull #007
Punta Gorda, Fl
Currently in Charleston,SC transiting the ICW
John & Mary Jane Forr
Punta Gorda, Fl
Hull #007