Shin Saver

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

TBOT422

Shin Saver

Post by TBOT422 »

In the first few weeks after purchasing our C350, every time I was on the boat, I had blood running down both of my shins from scraping them on the metal edge on the bottom of the hatchway at the top of the cabin stairs. I immediately covered it with a piece of foam pipe insulation. Ugly but effective. Recently I got a tip from Bob Stevens of Lazy Dog. He slid a piece of white rubber "P" seal under the metal edging to accomplish the same goal. Very effective and much nicer looking. Here are a couple of pictures of the installation.
Attachments
Installation
Installation
Shin Saver Install.JPG (25.93 KiB) Viewed 5067 times
Cross Section of Seal
Cross Section of Seal
Seal Section.jpg (19.07 KiB) Viewed 5068 times
Gary & Janet
The Best of Times (Hull #422)
R.B.

Re: Shin Saver

Post by R.B. »

That is a great idea. We have been using tape, which works not too bad, but must be replaced every so often.
Ralph

WOLFHELM
C350 #342
S/V Serendipity

Re: Shin Saver

Post by S/V Serendipity »

Installed the shin saver on Serendipity. Not only has it saved our shins but today our new dog we rescued tried to jump out into the cockpit and slid over the threshold without injury. :D
One of many improvements we will be making using what we learned at the recent rendezvous.

Bart and Trish
S/V Serendipity hull #122
Bart, Trish, Sailor and Gizmo
S/V Serendipity
Daytona Beach, Fl.