Has anyone changed the filter screen on the fresh water pump

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

elk

Has anyone changed the filter screen on the fresh water pump

Post by elk »

I'm talking about the one under the galley sink that's attached to the Shurflo pump. The one I have is an inline, which is a pain to clean. I want to put in the bowl type that can easily have the screen removed for cleaning. I need the part number of it, if anyone's replaced it.

Thanks,
Ed Kruzel
S/V Emily
Hull #399, 2006 C350
Cataumet, MA
Triumph

Re: Has anyone changed the filter screen on the fresh water

Post by Triumph »

You are talking about catching any debris that is coming from your water tanks .... I'd say that once you get the initial debris out from the installation at the factory (drilling holes) you shouldn't have anything else in there. After the inital cleaning, I would think it would remain clean. ?

TRIUMPH
elk

Post by elk »

Triumph wrote:You are talking about catching any debris that is coming from your water tanks .... I'd say that once you get the initial debris out from the installation at the factory (drilling holes) you shouldn't have anything else in there. After the inital cleaning, I would think it would remain clean. ?

TRIUMPH
Ideally, you're correct. But I've seen some weird stuff come out of "fresh" water dock hoses.
Ed Kruzel
S/V Emily
Hull #399, 2006 C350
Cataumet, MA
wcconway

Post by wcconway »

Ed, is this what you are asking about? It is the fresh water filter inline under the fresh water pump. It is all located under the galley sink. Hopefully, the photo will help you find the part number. We have a Shur Flo, Aqua King, Product #: 3901-0206 or 3901-0216
Attachments
IMG_0147.JPG
IMG_0147.JPG (33.98 KiB) Viewed 6007 times
Wally & Coco Conway
, #467
Pensacola, Florida