Dinghy davits (again)

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

PHerzfeld

Dinghy davits (again)

Post by PHerzfeld »

Hi all,
New to the forums here. Read the old dinghy davits posts and didn't see much info regarding experiences with them on a c-350, or with different brands/models. I am thinking of installing them to avoid putting a rib on the foredeck or towing. I would appreciate any feedback, experiences with use, brands, models, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Phil

Paramethia
Hull #55
Phil
Paramethia
Hull #55
PHerzfeld

Re: Dinghy davits (again)

Post by PHerzfeld »

Bumping to see if anyone has any input... ?
Phil
Paramethia
Hull #55
KenKrawford

Post by KenKrawford »

I don't have any experience with davits but you might want to consider posting on the C350 email list - http://www.catalina350.net/mailman/listinfo/c350ia.
I suspect there are a lot of knowledgable people there who do not regularly visit the message boards.
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
Ray Edwards

Post by Ray Edwards »

Kato in Annapolis is the BEST, I don't have a contact # with me but when i get back to the boat can look it up. If you contact them they will / can send you pictures of a Catalina 350 installed.
Recommend if you get them or any davits use a six to one block to lift, I carry a 9 1/2 dingy with 8 HP motor on dingy lift and carry without any problems. Kato recccommends and I use their supports that attacht to stern pulpit down to sugar scoop. Also strap dingy to stern pulpit bow and stern to keep from swaying.

Ray Edwards
C350 -- 293
"Maria"