Outland Hatch Covers

Have you added something to your boat? Got pictures of a project? Post them here at our catch-all forum for the things we do to make our boats better.

Moderator: KenKrawford

wcconway

Outland Hatch Covers

Post by wcconway »

We are thinking about adding rigid Outland hatch covers to all of our Lewmar hatches. Has anyone else installed these and what is your opinion of them? http://outlandhatchcovers.com/ The price is about the same as canvas hatch covers and should be more durable. Looks good, too!
Wally & Coco Conway
, #467
Pensacola, Florida
keeljoy

Re: Outland Hatch Covers

Post by keeljoy »

We have them and love them. In NC and the keep the cabin cool. Great for privacy. Fits on and off easily. Cleaner and neater than canvas. Our canvas repair guy told us to use them! If a lot of moisture or rain they can get some algae on them between the hatch covers and hatch, but wipes off.
Mark
S/V Serendipity

Post by S/V Serendipity »

We added them to Serendipity in April 2015. Have had no issues at all. The installation was easy and they looked good when we finished. We had the Boats name put on the forward hatch so anyone visiting can find our boat when we are pulled into a slip. We periodically remove them for cleaning and they still look as good as the day we installed them
Good luck and smooth sailing.

Bart, Trish, Sailor and Gizmo
S/V Serendipity
Daytona Beach Fl.
C350ia

Post by C350ia »

We have them, we like them and they are very easy to use. The previous owner had them installed [John and Helen Caffrey]. They do require some cleaning on occasion, but it is easy to do. The only problem we have had is that the forward v-berth cover cracked when the jib sheet caught it on a tack. We now remove it under sail. The owners of Outland Hatch Covers are sailors as well. Come take a look if you like. Our C350 is in Pensacola, at the shipyard in B-22. Bob F can show you.

Mike Harrington
IRISH AYES #227 [formerly Zephyrina]
nybor

Post by nybor »

Agreed with the other posts. I LOVE them. They are CNC for the cat 350 and fit incredibly well. They were so easy to install. True, water does get between the cover and hatch, but they come off and on so easily, it takes 8 seconds to remove one, wipe it dry and reinstall. Ok Ok, I know, Leigh can do it in 4 seconds!

I will take some photos of mine sometime next year (love saying that) so people can marvel at how spiffy the boat looks with them on.
dave
wcconway

Post by wcconway »

Too late...We already bought them!! Installing next week!
Wally & Coco Conway
, #467
Pensacola, Florida