Healing over - way over

Post your technical questions or solutions about getting the best performance out of your boat here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Triumph

Healing over - way over

Post by Triumph »

I was in race last week, was beating in 25-35 knots, and I had the boat way over. Actually burried the rail a few times. When you are over this far, water fills the sink, and floods over into the boat. There was also water in the shower, and all I can figure it that it came up thru the shower sump.

Not unusual events, but just want to alert ya'll that if you are way over on your ear on a port tack, check the sink, and close the sea cock.

By the way, this boat sails really well. Great performace and a lot of fun. We finished second, only behind a McGregor 65, who were able to handle the big winds a little better.
DAVID ISAACS

Post by DAVID ISAACS »

We always close our seacock in the shower when the weather picks up. I wish it were more easily accesible. Typically we will have left the sump pump on from the morining shower and I suddenly hear this noise and realize I forgot to turn off the pump and close the seacock.The one under the sink has not let water in so I don't bother
David Isaacs
C350 #5 Shalvah
Stamford, CT