Spinnaker

Post your technical questions or solutions about getting the best performance out of your boat here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

yodagwb

Spinnaker

Post by yodagwb »

Has anyone used a spinnaker on the extra haylard without rerouting it above the roller furling. I am thinking of using it for a spinnaker without rerouting it and gybing thru the inside of the head stay when necessary. Wondering if I am missing anything? Thoughts?
Dave Granata

Re: Spinnaker

Post by Dave Granata »

I haven't but I think you would run the risk of chafe on your halyard at a minimum and worst case is the halyard would jump the sheeve and get wedged so it couldnt' be lowered.
yodagwb

Post by yodagwb »

Dave, I guess that is the save way. Was hoping not to have to deal with going up there or finding someone nutty enough to take the trip :shock: and rerunning the halyard. If I can pick you brain. What size block did you get for the masthead and for the tack? I figured for starters I will use the jib blocks & winches for the sheets.
Dave Granata

Post by Dave Granata »

I think it was a block that could accomodate 1/2" line or maybe 5/8"...I can't remember but it was the same size as the jib halyard. It was a single garhauer block.
I used one size smaller on the tack and for my sheets. I wanna say that they are the same size as the furling lines on our boat.
Hope this helps.
Triumph

Post by Triumph »

I'm going up the mast to install a spinnaker halyard. I believe there are holes in the "mast top extension" that kinda sticks out over the top of the mast sheeves and all. What size holes are up there and what do i need to do to hang a block up there.
Bill on TRIUMPH