Spinnaker

Post your technical questions or solutions about getting the best performance out of your boat here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

yodagwb

Spinnaker

Post by yodagwb »

Has anyone used a spinnaker on the extra haylard without rerouting it above the roller furling. I am thinking of using it for a spinnaker without rerouting it and gybing thru the inside of the head stay when necessary. Wondering if I am missing anything? Thoughts?

Dave Granata

Re: Spinnaker

Post by Dave Granata »

I haven't but I think you would run the risk of chafe on your halyard at a minimum and worst case is the halyard would jump the sheeve and get wedged so it couldnt' be lowered.

yodagwb

Post by yodagwb »

Dave, I guess that is the save way. Was hoping not to have to deal with going up there or finding someone nutty enough to take the trip :shock: and rerunning the halyard. If I can pick you brain. What size block did you get for the masthead and for the tack? I figured for starters I will use the jib blocks & winches for the sheets.

Dave Granata

Post by Dave Granata »

I think it was a block that could accomodate 1/2" line or maybe 5/8"...I can't remember but it was the same size as the jib halyard. It was a single garhauer block.
I used one size smaller on the tack and for my sheets. I wanna say that they are the same size as the furling lines on our boat.
Hope this helps.