Maximum capacity on the 350

Post your technical questions or solutions about getting the best performance out of your boat here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

ka1eui

Maximum capacity on the 350

Post by ka1eui »

Hi. Would someone please tell me what the maximum capacity (adult) of the 350 is? I have heard 6 and 8. We are planning a birthday celebration in a few weeks that could involve having 7 adults on the boat. Fact is we'll probably just motor to an island, drop the hook and have some cake. It might be too crowded to pull the sails up. In any event I want to make sure I do things the right way. If anyone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Jim
Dave Granata

Post by Dave Granata »

Hi Jim,

The boat has 3 double berths and a single, so it is designed to have seven aboard.
I believe its also rated for european offshore which I think means it's designed to at least carry a capacity of eight people. Some others on this list may have better knowledge about this. Hopefully they will respond also.
Dave G
Tim April IV

Limited only by seating

Post by Tim April IV »

Not a legal answer, just a practical one - the capacity will only be limited by the seats comfortably available in your cockpit - and having a PFD (life jacket) available for all.

I've had 9 adults aboard for an afterwork cruise - it's tight, but it works. I got roped into taking 8 children and 3 adults plus me last week. The kids loved it although it's hard for them to keep still too long.

I've also had 10 adults aboard while at anchor - some came out with us, the other joined via dinghy to watch crew races and the Seattle Opening Day boat parade.

Empty your head before you go, and post an easy instruction note for all those not familiar with marine toilets. I always add the comment "please don't be embarassed to ask me"

Good Luck!
Tim Brogan
April IV C350 #68
Seattle
ka1eui

Thanks!

Post by ka1eui »

Thank you to all! I am giving serious consideration to firing up the grill in the back yard and sailing the next day!

Thanks again all

Jim
Tim April IV

Don't get the wrong idea

Post by Tim April IV »

Jim - I hope what I wrote didn't disuade you from the birthday celebration - 7-8 adults shouldn't be a problem - and can really be a fun time.

Good Luck!
Tim Brogan
April IV C350 #68
Seattle