In-Boom Furling

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's sails and rigging and here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Mojo

In-Boom Furling

Post by Mojo »

Anyone have experience with the LiesureFurl system offered for the 350? I've hear sail shape is better (1/2 knot?) and the sail will be more durable. Is it worth the added expense?
Mojo
Bob Hart

Re: In-Boom Furling

Post by Bob Hart »

Only about 4-1/2 years late, but I'm in the process of procuring and installing a new LiesureFurl in-boom main system in place of my in-mast furling system. We'll see how it works out this sailing season here in CT! I'm also contemplating cutter rigged with a roller furling working staysail. Anyone have any advice on details of sail size, shape, installation hardware, installation details, use, etc.? I'm particularly interested in how to lead the sheets into the cockpit; are added sheet winches needed (where/how mounted) or just cleats; how difficult is it to tack the Genoa between the two forestays?
Bob Hart
2008 C350 MkII #456 at Noank, CT
C350@rhart.net
PHerzfeld

Post by PHerzfeld »

any updates how the in-boom furling is compared to the in-mast furling? Would love to hear...
Phil
Paramethia
Hull #55
CloseQuarters

Post by CloseQuarters »

I purchased our boat with the leisure furl in boom system. Love it. No experience with in mast however I do like how this works. Can't imagine using it without an electric winch. If something fouls with the sail or halyard you can lower it like a traditional sail which is a nice security feature. Full battens, Reeling is great with multiple sizes (at each batten) with continued good sail shape.
Good luck!
Wayne Close
Close Quarters #339