Anchor Locker Drain

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's plumbing here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

bahnanderson

Anchor Locker Drain

Post by bahnanderson »

A question regarding access to the anchor locker drain. It looks like I have a minor leak coming from my anchor locker. I lifted out the mattress in the forward stateroom and saw where the drain hose exits the boat on the starboard side. That connection seems secure. I then tried to find the other end of the hose (where it attaches to the drain in the anchor locker). It looks like it comes through the forward fiberglass bulkhead. It is a pretty small hole too. I can't get my hand in there. I don't see a way to access the connection at the very bottom of the drain in the locker without cutting a hole in the bulkhead. Do really I need to cut a hole in the fiberglass bulkhead to tighten a clamp? Has anyone had to face this one?
TBOT422

Re: Anchor Locker Drain

Post by TBOT422 »

It may not be the drain hose. Take a look at the area where the forestay tang protrudes up between the anchor rollers. We had a huge gap there and the "V" between the anchors was a pure rain water catch, that eventually ran to the bilge pump. Since we filled that with silicone we have had a dry bilge.

See this thread: http://www.catalina350.net/phpBB3/viewt ... tang#p2844
Gary & Janet
The Best of Times (Hull #422)
bahnanderson

Re: Anchor Locker Drain

Post by bahnanderson »

i will certainly take a look at that. I still think the drain has a leak, since I could see a dribble of water come back when I had a hose running in the bottom of the locker. Thanks for the thought. I will still look at that gap.

Mike Anderson
S/V Simply Splendid #91