uh oh - ink mark on the upholstery

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's interior here. Are you beginning to see a pattern?

Moderator: KenKrawford

wcconway

uh oh - ink mark on the upholstery

Post by wcconway »

We knew it would happen sooner or later....The grandkids finally left an open ink pen on the white settee. We've tried warm, soapy water, vaseline and fabric cleaner with no luck. Although it is a shade lighter, it's still very noticable. PLEASE tell us there is a way to remove it.

Wally & Connie Conway
S/V Arkeoo #467
Orange Beach, AL
Wally & Coco Conway
, #467
Pensacola, Florida
vegasandre

Re: uh oh - ink mark on the upholstery

Post by vegasandre »

try Hair spray - go to wal mart and buy cheap aqua net- that should do the trick
Andre

-Calliope-Las Vegas -boat in San Diego
Catalina 350 MK11
hull #471
Hans Grasman

Re: uh oh - ink mark on the upholstery

Post by Hans Grasman »

I am sure you are refering to the white leather upholstery. If so the ink will come off with WD 40. which is fish oil.
Reading your message I thought: "Hell, I have some dark red anti foul paint on the leather arm rest of my car." More than a year ago I was helping a friend painting the bottom of his boat and I had some paint on my under arm which wiped on my arm rest. I could not get it off and tonight reading your message I took the WD 40 and let it sit for a minute and the bottom paint came off the car armrest.
I also used WD40 to spray on my feet after I was stung stepping in a red ants nest. It works wonders.
It also loosens stubborn zippers. Not a problem for various governors and senators.
God that wine is good tonight !