Mattress Extensions

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's interior here. Are you beginning to see a pattern?

Moderator: KenKrawford

jdamann

Mattress Extensions

Post by jdamann »

While at the boat show last month I looked at the new 350. They had optional mattress extensions on the forward berth. Was wondering if anyone had them....could comment on them. Also, how did you handle a bottom sheet for them.
Happy Sailing

John

"Just Add Wind" 347
Pgtjs

Front Cabin Matress Extensions

Post by Pgtjs »

I believe Catalina calls them "bolsters". We ordered them and they seem well fitted. The Sheets matched the bottom centre sheet and came with the boat when commissioned. Geoff. C350 -392 (Taeko 1V)
Geoff.S., Semiahmoo, WA.
tranquilcat42

Re: Mattress Extensions

Post by tranquilcat42 »

I ordered them late last season and still have not found anyone to install them. Two of the six peices they sent are very long and not sure where they would be placed.

Geoff - how did you install them? They look like a great addition

Thanks

Teri - Tranquilcat 42
vegasandre

Post by vegasandre »

HI I ordered these mattress extensions also and they fit , however they do not have end support so if you put weight on it - it collapses.
kind of defeats the purpose . Going to have to make some kind of brace so it can support the weight
Andre

-Calliope-Las Vegas -boat in San Diego
Catalina 350 MK11
hull #471
Terry Ryan

Post by Terry Ryan »

I installed them a couple of years ago and they were great for adding add'l room to an already large V-berth. However, they came with no instructions. They also came with several pieces of teak of varying lengths...think they were 2x2 size. I installed them where they provided the most support and made the bolsters level with the mattress. If you get in a jam, shoot me a reply and I'll send you a photo.
tranquil

Post by tranquil »

OK - can you believe I finally got them installed? Not exactly even with the mattress - I had a hard time getting the drill in to make holes in such a small space.

Now all the queen size fitted bottom sheets I have no longer fit! But I really like them and can pile quite a few of my neices and nephews when they stay over!

Teri
Teri Weber
Tranquil
Hull #187
Chicago
Tranquilcat42@yahoo.com
PHerzfeld

Post by PHerzfeld »

Can you post some pictures of where / how you mounted the supports, when you have a chance? I have had the bolsters for 6 months and haven't figured out which teak piece should be used where...
Phil
Paramethia
Hull #55
tranquil

Post by tranquil »

Hope these help I have 6 pictures so if feel comfortable providing an email address, I can send all of them

Catalina did not bore holes in all the wood they sent, so I had to get a special bit and drill myself

These pictures are from a Catalina dealer or FL I think when I installed them I switched them around There are 2 styles, so if they dont fit you might want to contact FL to ask
Attachments
DSC01762 (2).JPG
DSC01762 (2).JPG (142.82 KiB) Viewed 8981 times
DSC01761.JPG
DSC01761.JPG (138.17 KiB) Viewed 8982 times
DSC01761 (2).JPG
DSC01761 (2).JPG (138.17 KiB) Viewed 8980 times
Teri Weber
Tranquil
Hull #187
Chicago
Tranquilcat42@yahoo.com
belladonna

Post by belladonna »

I know that this is an old topic but I just bought hull # 368 and was curious about these mattress extensions. I don't have them but think they may be useful to extend the width of the aft end of the mattress in the forward cabin. Those of you that have them, would you recommend getting them and if so, where would you suggest that I look to buy since the 350 is no longer in production. Thanx. Jim Lassiter

BELLA DONNA Hull # 368 Deltaville, VA
Jim Lassiter
2005 Catalina 350 "BELLA DONNA" # 368
White Stone, VA (lower Chesapeake Bay)