Head Shower Hose Leak

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's head here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

SiegmanM

Head Shower Hose Leak

Post by SiegmanM »

My head shower hose is leaking right where it connects to the shower sprayer.
Anyone know how to find replacement hose. West Marine says look elsewhere.
TBOT422

Re: Head Shower Hose Leak

Post by TBOT422 »

Ours was also leaking, and I believe I replaced it with a standard shower hose that you can get at any home improvement store like Home Depot or Lowes. My recollection is that the shower head will fit properly on the standard hose, but the valve end will have different threads. The standard hose will have 1/2" female NSP threads and the threads on the shower valve are 3/8" male BSP threads. You can buy an adapter at Defender http://search.defender.com/?expression= ... 15&x=0&y=0, or in my case, I bought a 3/8" female NSP to 1/2" male NSP adapter at the local hardware store and applied copious amounts of Teflon tape on the valve side.

Good Luck
Gary & Janet
The Best of Times (Hull #422)
KevinMc

Post by KevinMc »

We ended up just replacing the shower head with a $15 one from Lowes/Home Depot. Agree with Gary, we needed a few different fittings to connect the standard household shower head to the Catalina plumbing but it works for a fraction of the cost.
Kevin
NavSta Norfolk Marina
ldirubbo

Post by ldirubbo »

There is an easier way to replace your hose and showerhead. The hose and head are metric. I had the same problem and went to big marine chain store and they had no clue what I was talking about. I even tried a plumbing supply store and they did not carry metric shower parts. Finally I went to an established family owned marina and ships store asked and they brought me to the display where shower heads were and there it was. The hose and showerhead is manufactured by an Italian company and I believe the name was Avanti, I'll check next time there. You may be able to find it online at and marine supply. It wasn't cheep for the hose and shower head but I really believe in getting the right parts for any job your doing. The store in in NJ is Lockwood Boat works in Morgan, NJ. They may have it on their web page.