Throttle & gear shift lever in steering pedestal

You guessed it. Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's engine and transmission here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

SeaBreeze

Throttle & gear shift lever in steering pedestal

Post by SeaBreeze »

Does anyone know the name of the throttle and gear shift lever assembly manufacturer and the model number? I’m looking for a service manual or parts manual that explains how the lever operates. Ever since a mechanic replaced my damper plate and disconnected/reconnected the linkage cables to transmission and engine throttle, my shift lever has not opperated as smoothly as it once did. A follow up visit by the mechanic didn’t produce a satisfactory result.
Rick Parish
Sea Breeze
Rick Parish
Sea Breeze
KenKrawford

Re: Throttle & gear shift lever in steering pedestal

Post by KenKrawford »

Rick, I believe throttle/shift system is made by Edson. Here's a link to the installation instructions for what I believe to be the unit on our boats. There is a section that covers adjustment and troubleshooting.
https://edsonmarine.com/content/EB377_8 ... ontrol.pdf
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
SeaBreeze

Post by SeaBreeze »

Ken, think this is exactly what
I need. Thank you
Rick Parish
Sea Breeze
Rick Parish
Sea Breeze
SeaBreeze

Post by SeaBreeze »

Ken I finally got around to removing the instrument panel to access the shift lever assembly. Turns out the Edson mechanism is p/n 910-SL3-TAPER. So at some point in the 350’s production run Catalina must have changed mechanisms. I haven’t located any literature that talks about servicing the device or an internal parts diagram so I’ve contacted Edson to see what they have available. By the way, cables are free of corrosion at the ends and slide smoothly.
Rick Parish
Sea Breeze
Rick Parish
Sea Breeze
NormSail350

Post by NormSail350 »

Within this old exchange Ken Crawford attached a link to the diagram and troulble shooting for te Edson pedestal in our boats. (mine is 2003 #41). Does any one have that or know where to get it? I just posted a questoin related to stiff throttle as open throttle higher. Wondering if this would be helpful to me in figuring out how to take a peek inside the pedestal at the throttle and cable connections.

NormSail350
SV Escape #41
Miami FL
NormSail350
Escape (hull #40)
Palmetto Bay, FL (Miami)
NormSail350

Post by NormSail350 »

Within this old exchange Ken Crawford attached a link to the diagram and troulble shooting for te Edson pedestal in our boats. (mine is 2003 #41). Does any one have that or know where to get it? I just posted a questoin related to stiff throttle as open throttle higher. Wondering if this would be helpful to me in figuring out how to take a peek inside the pedestal at the throttle and cable connections.

NormSail350
SV Escape #41
Miami FL
NormSail350
Escape (hull #40)
Palmetto Bay, FL (Miami)
KenKrawford

Post by KenKrawford »

Norm I think this is the update link you need. I've also corrected the link in the original post.
https://edsonmarine.com/content/EB377_8 ... ontrol.pdf
Ken Krawford
Message Board Moderator
C350 # 351
Lake Lanier, GA
NormSail350

Post by NormSail350 »

Ken,

This is perefrct. Thanks.
NormSail350
Escape (hull #40)