Location of Fuel Pump, Steering Quad Access

You guessed it. Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's engine and transmission here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Mark Sutherland

Location of Fuel Pump, Steering Quad Access

Post by Mark Sutherland »

Before I move everything in the aft cabin of my new-to-me 2006, can you confirm for me that I will find my fuel pump under the aft bed, near the fuel tank? I just want to locate it, inspect it and obtain the part number so I can order a spare. Also, can you confirm that the steering quadrant is most easily accessed by removing the large wooden panel in the aft section of the aft cabin? I can see the quadrant from the aft-most locker at the transom, but it's a bit of a tight fit for me to crawl down there. Thanks for the help.
Mark Sutherland,
Dunrobin III
Hull #388 (2006)
leigh weiss

Re: Location of Fuel Pump, Steering Quad Access

Post by leigh weiss »

Which engine do you have in your boat?
If it is like mine (2004) Universal M35B the fuel pump is located on the aft port side of the engine, It is an electronic pump with a basic square shape.
The steering quadrant is accessible from the aft most port locker hatch. I have removed the quadrant to drop the rudder to service the lower rudder bearing. A bit of a squeeze getting in and out, but doable. ( Do you remember what is was like to be born?) ..
This should be the same with either engine as far as I know.
Good luck
Leigh and Donna Weiss
Brisa #155
Georgetown, MD. USA
wolfe10

Re: Location of Fuel Pump, Steering Quad Access

Post by wolfe10 »

Unless it has changed since 2003:

Access fuel pump by raising the small lid on the shelf at the forward end of the aft stateroom.

Fuel filter on starboard wall in that area of the engine room, electric fuel pump just to port and square with wires coming out. At least on ours, the positive wire is a quick connect, so to prime after filter change, all one has to do is unplug and touch the pump end of the wire to the large, hot lug of the glow plug relay right next to it.

Yes, steering quadrant can be accessed by dropping the ceiling of the aft end of the aft compartment. Yes, if you are small enough and limber enough you can crawl in aft of that to access.

Brett
Brett Wolfe
C350 #180
"Vindaloo"
Ft Myers FL