Shower power - where does it run?

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's electrical systems or electronics here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

russp

Shower power - where does it run?

Post by russp »

Hi, I have a dead float switch in the shower sump and need to replace it and thus splice in the new wires. On my 350 the pump and float switch leads exit the shower sump together on the aft face of the sump at top middle. They are sealed with putty.

If I reach under the head sink and down into the bilge behind the shower sump I can feel them enter a cable shield but they head off to port to places unknown - there is no access from inside the port locker under the settee, and the 6" inspection port in the shower doesn't seem to give me access to anything, so my question is "does anyone know where these wires run and how to get to them?"

If there is enough loose line available I guess I can try to pull them through into the shower sump, splice in the new switch, push them back out into the ether so that the joint is on the dry side, and reseal the penetration, but I sure would like to know where they run before I start messing around.

Russ Peel
Avalon #150
Russ Peel
Avalon #150