GFI Outlets

Post your technical questions or solutions about your boat's electrical systems or electronics here.

Moderator: KenKrawford

Tommgreg

GFI Outlets

Post by Tommgreg »

My port side 110 volt outlets have lost power and searching through the wiring diagrams in the owners manual it appears that there is an outlet with a GFI breaker somewhere on the port side of the boat. I have looked and can't seem to find it does anyone have experience with this?
Kaitcita, Hull #117
pdenoncourt

Re: GFI Outlets

Post by pdenoncourt »

I believe that the port side GFI outlet is in the head. It is below the sink, close to the compression post.
Tommgreg

Post by Tommgreg »

Thank you so much! I will try to locate it when I get back this weekend.
KevinMc

Post by KevinMc »

A few weeks ago I heard a "pop" somewhere on the boat but thought nothing of it since I didn't see smoke, fire or anything stop working. Later when I noticed no power on the port side I tracked it down to the GFI in the head just below the lip of the sink which had popped for some reason. I thought it was just a GFI for the head, never thought it was for the entire port side a/c outlets.
Kevin
NavSta Norfolk Marina
Tommgreg

Post by Tommgreg »

Thank you for the update. I will be going down today to see if that is the same problem I have.

Kaitcita, 117
Forked River, NJ
Tommgreg

Post by Tommgreg »

Thank you for the update. I will be going down today to see if that is the same problem I have.

Kaitcita, 117
Forked River, NJ